Thankfully Restored Recipes
Thank you to everyone who shared their Thanksgiving Eve with me on the Mat at Embody Health and Wellness. These are the recipes that we tasted.
This tasty beverage is not only delightful and cozy but it touts a number of benefits like anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, detoxifying benefits, and is known to be mood and immunity boosting.
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 1/2 cups almond milk- vanilla or unsweetened
1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 TBSP coconut oil
dash black pepper- ground
Maple syrup or stevia to taste
1. Mix all ingredients in a saucepan, whisk to combine until warm.
2. Add additional cinnamon, sweetener, or turmeric to taste
Pumpkin Spice "Roasted" Nuts
A fun twist on a healthy snack, loaded with fiber and healthy fats.
1 cup almonds
1 cup cashews
1 cup walnuts
1 cup pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds)
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 TBSP coconut oil
2 TBSP pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt - divided
1. Spray crockpot (6-quart or larger) with cooking spray or liner
2. Place nuts and seeds in crockpot
3. In small bowl, combine maple syrup, melted coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, and 1/2 tsp of salt. Pour over nuts and seeds.
4. Keep crockpot UNCOVERED- cook on high for 2 hours, stir every 20-30 minutes.
5. At 2 hours turn off heat, transfer to a large bowl, sprinkle with salt. Allow nuts to cool.
6. Serve immediately or store in air tight container for 2 weeks.
7. Makes 4 cups.